There's nothing more boring than hearing about somebody else's broadband problems. So, a perfect topic for this blog then.

I got a new router from TalkTalk, but browsing the web was still really slow. I did a broadband speed test, and the speed was fine. I thought it might be that DNS lookups were slow, so I followed the advice on the unofficial TalkTalk blog and set the DNS servers manually. Now everything works fine!

You can see from the picture that the router doubles as a photo frame. Also, I've got a feeling that it uses a lot less electricity than the old router, simply because the transformer and router don't get as hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment