We went to see this at the Little Theatre yesterday. It was a good film for a number of reasons:
- It had the tension and excitement of a thriller.
- The aesthetic of grubby hi-tech was well done.
- The technology was believable.
- Its characters were interesting.
- The dialogue was well written.
There were flaws though. I had a sense that the plot was a shade unrealistic, or worse, fell short on integrity. For example, it wasn't clear exactly what was happening with the communications to Earth. It's probably that I didn't understand it properly!
As ever with this type of story, the robot is the most interesting character. I think this is because it forces the viewer to think about what it means to be human.